A cuisine creates an impression in your mind about its place of origin, which you will carry with you for a long time. The Wharf offers a culmination of a variety of cuisines from all over the world to ensure that the cuisines are served in a manner preserving the authenticity of the food. Our highly professional chefs' skills allow us to bring you events that treat your palate with a fantastic range of food.
Once again, The Wharf, a Cayman Islands Restaurant giant, is here to sort the start of your weekend with an exquisite dinner serving Chinese cuisine. Be a part of The Wharf’s WOK Of FAME and treat yourself to delicious food tossed & cooked right in front of your eyes.
See Chef Yango work his magic live and cater traditional dishes from Malaysia, China, and all across Asia.
(1) Dim Sum Station: Commonly associated with Cantonese cuisine, Dim sum is a large variety of small Chinese dishes served traditionally. Dim Sum dishes are a collection of seafood, meat, and vegetables cooked using different techniques, such as steamed, fried, or baked.
Here is a list of popular dishes you can find at our Dim Sum Station -
1. Char Sieu Pau – BBQ Pork Buns
2. Tau Sar Paw – Steamed Red Bean Buns
3. Sui Mai – Shrimp and Pork Dumplings (Steamed and Fried)
4. Teochew – Crispy 5 spice Rolls (shrimp, pork, & water chestnut)
5. Golden Nugget Fried Pork Won Ton
(2) Hakka- Twice Fried Pork Belly: A traditional Hakka recipe with Chinese five-spice powder as its main ingredient to marinate the meat with a fermented beancurd. Mainly served with salads garnished with leafy vegetables.
(3) Kam Heong Har – Golden Fragrance Shrimp: Kam Heong in Cantonese dialect means “a golden fragrance,” and the spice mixture contains dried shrimp, curry powder, shallots, and garlic. Tossed well with oyster sauce mixed with dried scallops, Chinese wine, fermented soybean paste, sugar, and water.
(4) Steamed Jasmine Rice: A significant part of Thai cuisine, Jasmine rice is an aromatized rice mainly used across South East Asia. The scented rice complements a large number of Thai dishes such as Thai marinated chicken, Chilli Basil Stir Fry, and many Thai curries. The polished white rice is prepared without salt to balance the Thai flavors. Steamed jasmine rice is often referred to as 'khao suay' in Thai, which literally means 'beautiful rice'.
(5) Cantonese Roast Duck: Traditionally cut and served with Mandarin pancakes, Cantonese Roast Duck is marinated and cooked over an open-fire barbecue. The duck is coated with specially prepared sauces to extract deep flavors.
Friday, November 11th, 2022, at 6.30 PM in The Wharf’s air-conditioned Ocean Room, get a chance to see Chef Yango cook live and spill some beans on his special techniques.
If you want to try the most taste-pleasing Chinese dinner in grand cayman, then don’t forget to register for WOK Of FAME - Chinese Dinner With Yango.