After the romance of the proposal and the discussions to set the right date for your wedding, what comes next? If you are among the thousands of couples who are considering beach weddings in the Cayman Islands, there are important things to think about before you make your final plans.
Here are 5 things you need to know before you plan a beach wedding in the Cayman Islands:
1. Your style. Have you always dreamed of a formal wedding, with a flowing white dress for the bride and a traditional tuxedo for the groom? Or do your tastes run more to Caribbean casual, with a bright floral shirt for the groom and a light cotton frock for the bride? Perhaps you have your own distinctive style and color palette that will resonate throughout the theme of your wedding and reception. Whatever your choice, you will be right in style in the laid-back island atmosphere!
2. Your guests. No doubt you will give a lot of thought to managing your guests at your destination wedding. Details like finding accommodations, a proper venue to host your reception and providing food and entertainment that your guests will enjoy are among the most important elements. Take a look at the services we offer at The Wharf, consistently one of the best restaurants in the Cayman Islands, and the perfect setting for a memorable occasion for you and your guests.
3. Food and decorations. Are you planning a seated dinner, a buffet, a brunch or, more simply, hors d’oeuvres and drinks? Do you have specific flowers in mind for the décor, or centerpieces? The best food in the Cayman Islands can be enjoyed at The Wharf, where expert chefs and event planners can help you with a customised menu and décor.
4. Your budget. Before you delve into all of the above details, it’s critical that you work out your budget. Be realistic about what you can afford and you will not be disappointed. Dealing with finances ahead of your very special day is not necessarily how you want to start your planning, but it is a must to ensure a stress-free occasion.
5. A professional wedding planner. Once the budget has been determined and all of the above details have been formulated in your mind, the next step should be getting in touch with a wedding planner in the Cayman Islands. Professional coordination services, such as those offered by The Wharf, ensure that every last item on your list will be taken care of, and you needn’t worry about a thing.
A team of experts has an array of packages to suit every budget. Also, if you are arriving by cruise ship, coordination services are available with options for a beach wedding or on the deck of our waterfront restaurant. Arrangements can easily be made for a reception, a photographer, cake and Champagne – in other words, all of the essential elements!